FROM MY TWITTER DRAFTS(1): Eba, romance and the other thing I almost posted


source: pinterest


I think Twitter might be my most-used social media platform.

Yes, I know it is technically called X. I still call it Twitter. Hehehe.

I think I ultimately prefer it to the other platforms because most of it is still short-form written media, and unlike Instagram, there aren't a gazillion ads attacking me every time I scroll.

I tweet a lot. At least twice every other day on average, except when I'm doing a social media cleanse. I love Twitter because it can be such a good place to find community, find new ideas and say things you probably wouldn't have the opportunity to say elsewhere. Er, but Twitter is also a ravenous place full of weird bots, weird people and people with very good memories and sometimes I want to tweet something, but then I imagine someone resurrecting it a lot later during an argument or something going wrong or I just overthink it and I quietly put it in my drafts.

Reminds me of this part of CNA's three part essay, 'It's Obscene': "...And so we have a generation of young people on social media so terrified of having the wrong opinions that they have robbed themselves of the opportunity to think and to learn and to grow.I have spoken to young people who tell me they are terrified to tweet anything, that they read and re-read their tweets because they fear they will be attacked by their own. The assumption of good faith is dead. What matters is not goodness but the appearance of goodness. We are no longer human beings. We are now angels jostling to out-angel one another. God help us. It is obscene."


In this blog post, I share a few of my twitter drafts and tell you a little about them. Nothing too scandalous.


I. CAN I ENJOY MY EBA IN PEACE?






twitter draft about turning eba




<I miss circle tweets.>

I genuinely enjoy turning eba. It feels like playing with slime, only the material you're working with is garri that is hot and edible and you cannot use your bare hands?

Every time I turn eba, I think to myself, how fun is this? I want to post about my newfound therapeutic activity, but then I worry that one day, I will get into an argument with someone on the TL < not that I plan to be quarrelling with people on the interweb, but still> and then, as a retort, they quote me with a screenshot of my tweet and say something like:

"You better go and turn your eba."

Or:

"Cry for me, make I use your tears turn therapeutic eba."

Or, worst of all:

"The only thing you are good at is turning eba. Stick to it."

If something like that happened, I would be pained beyond words so, keeping it in the drafts is definitely the safer option, hehehe



II.  ON LOVE, ROMANCE AND 'CALL OF MY LIFE'





twitter draft about 'call of my life'

On the day I went to the cinema to see the movie, Call of my life, I cried in the cinema. Full-on bawling. First because I could somehow relate to the female lead's initial frustration about wanting to be loved a certain way and having a lover that did not want to even try to understand her "love needs" because to them, the "performance of romance" was irrelevant as far as they expressed affection in the ways they felt was sincere. 
To be fair, I don't think I know too much about these things. Is love supposed to be about how we give it or about how it is perceived by the receiver? Is trying to explain to your partner the ways you would prefer to be loved the actual proper thing or is it woke nonsense? Is there a way to do that without making them feel unappreciated or making them feel as if you are comparing them to other people?
I have no idea. 
Another reason for the waterworks was because it was such a cute movie and the lead characters were absolutely adorable and lastly, what are the odds of this cheesy kind of romance happening to any of us<me, really> in real life? What are my odds of getting a girlfriend proposal during the live show of an artiste I really like-- (Tega Ethan, Odeal, Raye, Beyonce etc) the way the female lead did in the movie, huh? Sucks that real life no be film.
Okay but on a serious note, I know the performance of romance does not necessarily translate to how a person feels about you but my God, imagine being genuinely loved and getting reminded of it over and over in the absolutely cutest ways that make you feel seen? Imagine genuinely loving another person and doing all that as well?

I don't remember why I shelved this tweet. I think at the time  I made it, all my emotions felt very raw and then time passed and I did not feel the need to tweet it anymore.



III. LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN?

twitter draft about loving people that know how to have fun



I shelved this tweet because I thought it gave really shady vibes when that was not what I was trying to do. It was less about trying to shade any one and more about expressing love for my type of people.

I think everybody is becoming a little too self-conscious.

Nobody wants to be silly anymore. Nobody wants to dance badly at parties. Nobody wants to be caught enjoying themselves without first checking how the enjoyment looks from the outside.

It's always, “How do I look?”, “What will people think?” and “Is this embarrassing?”

And honestly, I think we're missing out.

I do not care for it anyway until when a very self-conscious person starts trying to get me to feel ashamed or uncomfortable for doing things that are enjoyable to me because they think those things are embarrassing. Life is tough enough already. Absolutely do not need extra shame projected upon me.


Anyway, that is all for now from the archives of my Twitter drafts.

Now I want to know: do you save things to your drafts too?

And more importantly, which of these three tweets do you think I should have posted?

Or tell me the most ridiculous thing currently sitting in your drafts. I promise not to judge.

p.s: you can click here to support my blog.

Okay, thanks, bye!






Post a Comment

0 Comments