I think I am Better Than You: I Met Tega Ethan, Again.







Image Source: Pinterest

Uhmm, well yeah, I think I am better than you...

...except you have merch from one of your favourite artistes that they have signed your name on— with a heart.

Ya heard???? SIGNED WITH A HEART!

my signed lyric book. notice the heart!


A YAP INTRO

I love music very much and by extension I have a lot of favourite artistes, <some of whom I love a little more than others because at the end of the day, there is only so much love a girl can have to give>.
One of them at the very very very VERY top of my list is the singer, songwriter, Tega Ethan.

They say don't meet your heroes etc etc but I am really glad I was at his last show in Abuja(it would be my second time of being at his show) and I got to meet him and get signed merch ofc. I'll be yapping about it a bit, because it is my blog and I can talk about anything I want, hehehe.

IT RAINED, OBVIOUSLY 

On the night of this show, it rained A LOT. It also rained on the night of his other show in 2024 as well. Mere coincidence? I think not hehe. The rain is always a sign of blessings to come.

The setup was in what looked like a yassified yoga studio. Warm ambient lighting, plant decorations, overall very cozy, intimate and relaxing vibe. I think there was a lit candle somewhere too. We had to leave our shoes outside then come in and find places on the mats laid out on the ground.
I would say this, there is something about sitting on a mat on the floor surrounded by strangers that are only connected to you through the music you are all listening to. It made me feel bare and just very grounded and present. I loved it.

JUST A GIRL, JUST A FANGIRL

As a kid, after watching Star Struck, that Disney movie that had Sterling Knight in it, I would have maladaptive daydreams about how I'd bump into a celebrity or just someone really popular that I liked but then I'd pretend as if I didn't know them so that I would stand out in their minds as the girl that did not fawn over them like everyone else and they will be so taken aback by how unfazed I am at their popularity that they'd then want to impress me and be friends with me.

It sounds very silly, I know but yeah, I have thought a lot about how I'd react if/when I met an artist that I liked but none of the things I had thought of came to mind that night. I was proper star struck and just cheesing intensely.

DOING THINGS ALONE

Tega Ethan is Very Funny. When he was not singing or talking about how different songs came to be<even then, actually> he was making jokes and we were very pleasantly amused. It was a lot of fun talk and banter. He kept on hyping Ibadan while we did our best to convince him to move to Abuja.
I think that if he decides to pick another career path, stand up comedy would work too.

I had a great time, passionately singing along basking in all of the delicious music and I am grateful to my better senses that appealed to me when I almost went back on my decision to be at the show because nobody else that I knew would have been there. I think it further fortified a lesson I had learned passively, to do things that I wanted to do, even if I had to do them alone.
 
By the end of the night I had made a whole new friend (shout out to the gorgeous gorgeous Joy) and I got a very special signed lyric book from Tega Ethan himself, signed with a heart and I even got to have a conversation with him. The convo was made up of my initial mostly incoherent sentences because my brain was jamming up in fangirl mode hehehe but my God, he was really sweet and we eventually talked about our locs a bit.


L-R: Tega, Me and Joy


FINALLYYYY


In summary,  first of all, if you haven't already, you should absolutely check out Tega Ethan's music
My top three all-time favourite songs are: Harmattan, They don't have a clue and Classic Foolery (and 2470 and Yinka and l'abe igi).

I think the biggest thing I took away from that night was that sometimes you really do just have to go. Even when nobody you know is going. Even when you feel awkward about going alone. You might end up having an amazing night and you might even leave with a new friend and a lyric book signed with a heart 

Tell me in the comments, what music artist would you absolutely love to meet? Also, put me on to your favessss!

Okay, thanks for reading my blog. Byeee!





Post a Comment

0 Comments